Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Neilson Home Scan Registration Open

 

Nielen Homescan registration is open again. Neilsen Homescan is run by the same company that does the TV ratings.

If you are excepted, they will send you a scanner to scan your grocery purchases. By the way, this is a great job for kids. Once a week, you will  hook your scanner into your computer (or landline) and transmit the data to Nielsen.  You will receive points for sharing this information. They also send surveys for additional points.  They have great prizes such as Dooney and Bourke purses and gift cards that you can redeem for points. Give yourself about 15 minutes to fill out the survey. Let me know if you get accepted!!! Just click on the banner above to register.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is everyone "place on a waiting list until a spot becomes available for a family like yours," or does that mean some type of acceptance?

petergabrielfan said...

I got that message quite a long time ago (probably a year) but I just got a message this week that they've accepted me. However, I've read a lot of reviews that say it is very time consuming (you have to scan every single item you buy) and most of the rewards are not worth the trouble. I am going to give it a try but I don't have a lot of faith after reading reviews.

Melanie Kyle said...

I signed up a couple of months ago and just got notice that my scanner was shipping. I thought I would give it a shot. They give you a prepaid shipping label to send it back if you decide you don't want to participate.

petergabrielfan said...

That's sort of how I look at it too, Melanie. Might as well give it a shot. Maybe I'll end up loving it! :)

Post a Comment

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saving Money in Toledo

Blog Archive